Okulo (oh-KOOL-oh) Cooler is shaped like an Eye Pillow but filled with polyacrylamide, a super absorbent, non-toxic polymer that holds up to 400x its weight in water. The 100% cotton fabric draws the moisture out of the gel beads and it cools your skin as it evaporates. If you need a cool eye pillow to last hours, this is the answer for you.
- Soak in cold water for 20-30 minutes. Distribute the gel evenly 10 minutes into the soaking time. Avoid over soaking.
- Pat dry with a towel. Place over your eyes for an instant cool pack.
- Refrigerate for extra cooling action.
- Hang to dry when not in use. After several days the beads will crystallize back to normal.
- To clean: Hand wash with a couple drops of dish soap. Rinse well and hang to dry. Do not machine wash. Do not iron the beads.
- For quick absorption, use warm water then chill in the refrigerator.
- If you freeze the Okulo Cooler, be careful not to break it. Let it thaw before trying to bend it.
- Okulo Coolers don't absorb hard water very well. If you have hard water, soak the Okulo Cooler in fresh spring or distilled water for best results.
Not all colours pictured above are available. Not all colours available are pictured above. The current colours available are shown in the colour picker on the side.
What's the difference between the Okulo Cooler and Okulo Warmer?
Absolutely nothing! I created the Okulo Warmer product on the website to make it easier for people to find if that's what they're looking for.
"Okulo" is the Esperanto word for "Eye". See what I did there?