Kolo Cool Ties are filled with polyacrylamide, a super absorbent, non-toxic polymer that holds up to 400x its weight in water. The 100% cotton fabric draws the moisture out of the gel beads and it cools your skin as it evaporates.
- Soak in cold water for 20-30 minutes. Distribute the gel evenly 10 minutes into the soaking time. Avoid over soaking.
- Pat dry with a towel then tie around your neck.
- When it warms up to body temperature, or loses volume, recharge it by soaking in water for 10 minutes.
- Hang to dry when not in use. After several days the beads will crystallize back to normal.
- To clean: Hand wash with a couple drops of dish soap. Rinse well and hang to dry. Do not machine wash. Do not iron the beads.
- Kolo Cool Ties work best when there is a breeze.
- On breezeless days, keep a Kolo Cool Tie in a refrigerator or cooler and swap it out as needed.
- For quick absorption, use warm water then chill in the refrigerator or in an ice water bath.
- Kolo Cool Ties don't absorb hard water very well. If you have hard water, soak the Kolo Cool Tie in fresh spring or distilled water for best results.
Not all colours pictured above are available. Not all colours available are pictured above. The current colours available are shown in the colour picker on the side.
Keep Cool! Stay hydrated and drink plenty of water.